10.25.2012

Phi Mu Field Day


Our coach, Hayley (in pink), helped the ladies gear up for the Phi Mu Field Day held to raise money for the Children's Miracle Network. Kim, Dylan, Rosie, Erica, Brigitte, and Rachel took it to the next level by staying up all hours of the night making a stellar banner, tshirts, spirit bandanas and posters to be ready for the challenges: tug of war, eating contest, water balloon toss, and three-legged relay. During the long hours of the night, they welcomed Hayley in as part of the family. She told them that all of the fraternities had wanted her to be their coach and that no one was expecting very much from the BSM in ways of spirit. They spent those hours talking about life and Hayley asked if they could pray for her about a test she had coming up. They even coordinated a spirit dance that they all learned to show the other teams they needed to "Get On My Level" for the Field Day. :)


At the end of the night, Hayley congratulated us on our hard work and remarked, "I am so proud of you guys! I walked in this house not knowing what to expect, and I've found true friends." The whole-heartedness of this statement proved true as weeks later Hayley hung out several times with Erica, Rosie, and Rachel individually and they had deep conversations about her family, past relationships, and her faith. Hayley's mom thought she was going to "corrupt those sweet Christian girls," but instead she found true friends that were not that much different from her and loved her like Jesus. 




 After competing hard in the Field Day, Hayley and the two other Phi Mu coaches invited the girls to eat dinner at ChickfilA and to go to a TKE fraternity party. As for myself, I had just competed in the eating contest (20 ChickfilA chicken nuggets) so I didn't go, but dinner was on me with coupons for free Combo #1s that I had. Kim and Marissa are enjoying their well deserved meal. Rosie and Rachel dressed up in costumes to go make new friends at the party. They are breaking down walls as they allow Christ to have a place at the party. 


No comments:

Post a Comment